BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, December 31, 2012

Twilight

This is the first YA I read in a long time, back when it had just been released and wasn't a big deal yet.  I don't know how she did it, but Stephanie Meyer managed to capture the excruciating process that is falling in love when you are very young.  She's taken a lot of flack for her writing over the years.  Some say she doesn't write well at all.  One thing for sure, she inspired a generation to read again.  Again and again I've heard people say they fell in love with reading after buying Twilight.  It made me fall in love with YA again.

This book has also inspired young people to write their own books.  Awesome!

twilight

Did you know this book came from a dream the author had?   Stephanie Meyer says she woke up after a very vivid dream.  In the dream there was an average girl and a beautiful sparkly vampire.  It was obvious to Meyer they were falling in love, but also that the vampire was attracted to the scent of her blood and was having a hard time not killing her.

My review:  I fell in love with Edward right along with Bella.  This might put me in the minority, but I loved the book more than the movie.  To me Edward in the book was charming and worldly, bigger than life.  I loved how he related to Bella.  The movie was a different story.  I felt like Edward (in the movie) was an immature boy who couldn't talk to girls.  Come on.  After eighty years he ought to be able to speak to girls without stumbling over his words.  And that's why I didn't like the movie.  Also, I didn't appreciate how they had him blurt out that he was a vampire.  At least in the book Bella had to draw the truth out of the reluctant Edward.

What are your thoughts on Twilight (the book, not the movie)?

0 comments: